Commercial Slut

Not a bit ashamed of the title. I find the pleasure in commercials rather than allowing myself to get frustrated with them. Honestly, good television shows are harder to come by than good commercials. That being said, I'm absolutely in love—in awe of the power Levi's new ad campaign. Makes me want to kick some ass or run really fast to nowhere in particular; I feel totally empowered as a young person! It is so beautiful. Only thing that sucks is it's for jeans. Wah-waa... Additionally, please take the time to discover the poet Walt Whitman, whose words you hear. Commercials by Wieden & Kennedy.




Next on list is a gorgeous, well-edited and tuned advertisement for my all-time favorite whiskey, Jameson. Everything about it is perfect: the music, the monster, the plot. I stop everything I'm doing when it comes on: dishes, phone conversations, you name it. Created by TBWA/Chiat/Day.




These next ones caught my attention initially because of the music (two songs I've known and loved), but they each are nice in their own individual ways. Ads by McCann Erickson and Ogilvy & Mather (respectively).






And lastly, if you don't think these are hysterical, go see a doctor. I am always excited when a new one comes out. The website is non-stop fun; I can't seem to get enough of it. They're genius, I think, creating a character that you can both laugh at and want to be (beit man or woman). Campaign by EuroSCG.